Women, Wine & Wild Game Events
Through Pheasants Forever and Quail Forever’s Path to the Uplands initiative, our Education and Outreach team is here to provide financial assistance and training for chapters to engage new audiences through our Women, Wine & Wild Game Social Events.
Our Women, Wine & Wild Game events gather women who are interested in sustainable food sourcing, hunting, or who otherwise have an affinity for the outdoors. The events demonstrate the connections between land stewardship and opportunities to hunt wild game, while also fostering a greater understanding of the Pheasants Forever and Quail Forever mission. These events have been used to kick-off Women on the Wing chapters or to engage more women in the organization.
Recipe for Success:
- Featured wild game recipes
- "Hunters Fund Conservation” presentation
- Personal testimonies of connections to the land and hunting
- Pheasants Forever & Quail Forever mission
- Encourage involvement with the organization
Step 1: Agree to Program Criteria
Read the information below to make sure your project will meet the program’s minimum criteria. To accomplish program objectives, grants up to $500 per Women, Wine & Wild Game event will be made available to PF and QF chapters who agree to meet the following guidelines:
- Walton’s logo, along with our organization’s Women on the Wing logo must be incorporated into all event promotional materials (social media, invitations, flyers, etc.).
- When promoting the event online or through social media channels, include the tag line: Presented by WALTON’S.
- Complete and return all required reports to PF or QF within 30 days of event conclusion.
- Chapters must pay for the entire event up front and will be reimbursed for expenses associated with the project up to $500 after all reports and receipts have been submitted.
- Eligible expenses include: food, beverages, PF and/or QF membership. For all other funding needs, contact Marissa Jensen – firstname.lastname@example.org
If Chapters agree to all the criteria above, you are eligible to apply for a Women, Wine & Wild Game program grant.
Step 2: Complete the Grant Application Packet
To be considered for funding, chapters must complete the grant application and agreement by clicking the link below. Grant applications will be reviewed by PF and QF staff and you will be notified about the status of your application within two weeks of submitting your application. Please contact Marissa Jensen at email@example.com with any questions.
Step 3: Prepare for Your Event
After you have received word that you will receive funding for your event, go through our resource guides:
Step 4: Complete Your Final Report
When your social event is complete, compile all receipts associated with your project and complete the online Event Report Form and Volunteer Hours Log. Please email receipts, pictures from the event and any media articles covering the event to firstname.lastname@example.org.