Rescue travel insurer commits to upland conservation
Pheasants Forever welcomes Ripcord Rescue Travel Insurance as a new corporate partner of “The Habitat Organization.” The partnership offers Ripcord a wide array of marketing opportunities to educate the organization’s members and supporters about their industry-leading rescue, evacuation and travel insurance options, while making a financial commitment to habitat conservation efforts throughout the nation.
Ripcord Rescue Travel Insurance
provides help in case that far away hunting trip of a lifetime turns into a nightmare. Many Pheasants Forever members travel to remote places such as Canada, Alaska and overseas in pursuit of hunting and fishing adventure. But, sometimes those trips can turn sour due to injury, illness or even international instability. In such cases, saving your neck can break the bank. The bill for a medical evacuation can reach five and even six figures. This is where Ripcord comes in.
Joe Hosmer, National Board Member, Pheasants Forever & Quail Forever
“Whether I’m traveling to snake country in South Texas for bobwhites, central Kansas for longtails, or overseas for an extended trip, I am a member of Ripcord because I travel more than 100 miles from home to hunt some very unforgiving landscapes,” stated Joe Hosmer, national board member of Pheasants Forever & Quail Forever. “My wife won’t let me leave home without it, and their optional short-term evacuation coverage can be purchased on a trip-by-trip basis, which is very convenient.”
Mark Peterson, Hunter and TV Personality
Mark was in the Arctic Circle, in the Brooks Range of Alaska, just north of the Gates of the Arctic National Park. He was in an airboat accident, smashing his head on the boat’s windshield, injuring his neck.
“Even as a very experienced hunter and outdoorsman, I never thought a freak accident would happen on an airboat. Of all the things I do outdoors, riding in an airboat is probably the safest. I always thought that if I needed to use Ripcord, it would be because I was stuck on a mountain or out in an earthquake with no safe place around me. I’m so glad I have Ripcord there for those moments when the unexpected becomes reality — when timing proves that a simple airboat ride can lead to a possible spinal injury! This accident is just another reason for me to keep Ripcord in my back pocket for as long as I’m out there hiking, hunting and traveling to remote destinations!”
Ripcord Travel Benefits
• Ripcord provides the best medevac and rescue insurance with travel insurance benefits such as trip cancellation, trip interruption, lost baggage, primary medical expense coverages and more.
• Designed for wing shooters who hunt in remote places: Coverage starts at the point of injury or illness — in the field, in the wilderness, in a canyon or on a mountaintop, anywhere in the world — to the hospital of your choice.
• Trip cancellation/interruption, primary medical expense coverage, sporting goods, baggage loss, emergency dental, AD&D and more.
• Search services.
• Completely integrated program with a single contact for emergency services, from travel assistance to insurance claims.
• 24/7 access to paramedics, nurses and military veterans.
• Security extraction in case of unexpected dangerous and chaotic events.