Whether serving as an appetizer or the main course, this quail dish will be sure to please the taste buds! Be sure to pair with your favorite vegetables and sauces. Let the grill do all the work and find out how simple this meal actually is.
Recipe: Spatchcock Quail
Walton’s Bold Barbequed Quail (BBQ) Rub
Excalibur’s Sweet and Tangy BBQ Sauce
- Using sharp kitchen shears cut the backbone out of the quail.
- Flip the bird over and press down sharply with the palm of your hand to flatten or spatchcock it (remove rib bones if desired).
- Cover with Bold Barbequed Quail Rub.
- One medium high heat cook for five minutes with breast side up.
- Cover both sides with Excalibur’s Sweet & Tangy Sauce.
- Cook breast side down, with lid up for 2 minutes.
- Cover both sides again and cook with lid down until internal temperature is 165 (2-4 more minutes).
- Coat one last time if desired and serve!